Cactus Jack's Silverball Showdown 2019

I had another spot open yesterday. You’re welcome to hop in.

Sweet. I haven’t figured out how to PM just yet in this forum. Pencil me in.

Edit - Think I figured out the PM thing. Sent you a message on how to register.

1 Like

With the exception of Big Buck Hunter I’m familiar with all of the modern games, most of the solid state games and almost none of the elecro-mechanical games. I think some of these are on pinballvideos.com, some of these are on pinballspinner.com (which also links to @BMU’s great EM guide) but some of these games and strategies might still be left out. I think this would be a good spot to fill in the gaps especially on the electro-mechanical games that aren’t well known.

I know I had several of these in EM 1.0. I’ve been adding to it since then, but I’m not planning to release 2.0 until about a month before Pinburgh… Let me know if someone wants one of these that’s missing for Cactus Jacks.

2 Likes

Liberty Belle approach? (Note the “e” at the end of Belle)
Looks like lite your pops and throw it back up top, and if your roto targets are lit for 10x, then aim for those as part of Up Top All Day?

Exactly. A few things to note on this game regarding the roto targets:

1. Your best chance at hitting the roto targets for score is “bumper love,” so get the ball rattling around the top as often and as rapidly as you can.
  2. The inner roto targets, i.e. the two next to the top rollover entry lanes, can only be shot directly from the opposite side upper flipper, through a gap in the upper bumpers.
  3. A good way to try to deliberately score one of the outer two roto targets when lit is a “flying backhand,” i.e. when the ball is coming out of the top bumpers towards an upper flipper, flip early and try to deflect the ball up into the target above the flipper. You actually have two or three chances to hit it that way - - one directly, one via a bank shot off the outer edge of the top bumper, and a slim one if the ball skims off the upper slingshot above it into the target.
  4. It may be possible to score the outer rotos with shots from the lower flippers, but on some of these games, the flippers aren’t strong enough to do so consistently. If that’s the case, use the lower flippers to feed the upper ones and treat it like a two-stage rocket.
3 Likes

Thanks!
How do you lite the roto targets for 10x scoring? And do they stay lit or cycle on/off with switch/pops hits?

Same question for the pops: does only the Center target of death lite them? Or something else?
And do they stay lit for the ball or game? Or cycle off with other switch hits?

Exactly one of the rotos is always lit; it cycles on switches [not sure which ones]. AFAIK, one bumper is always lit, too [cycles, I think], until you hit that center target, then all 3 are lit. I think they just stay lit for the remainder of that ball, but I’m not certain. Let me know if it’s otherwise, I’ll update my sheet.

2 Likes

Our friends at Double Danger Pinball are handling our T-shirt order.

For free shipping with pickup at the event, enter code: silverball

P.s. The shirt looks awesome

3 Likes

damn it you suck. Now I’ve gotta go spend MORE money as yes, that shirt is awesome!

2 Likes

Forgive the ignorance - what is AF in the game list under modern?

1 Like

TAF?

1 Like

Sorry if this is a dumb question but is their coin drop for this or is this arcade one of those where you just pay to get in? Trying to figure out how much cash I need to bring.

1 Like

No, forgive my lazy acronyms.

Addam’s Family it is.

It is mentioned on the website. The facilities’ machines will be on coin drop. All the entry fee $$$ will be used to fund the prize pool so the coin drop is needed to cover the facilities’ considerable expenses.

Thank you! Looking forward to this weekend!

1 Like

Iron Maiden???!!! I find this both amazing and daunting. Game list looks great, looking forward to it.

1 Like

Is Iron Maiden confirmed?

I assumed it was Iron Man.

I think IM (Iron Man) is in. It looks like Iron Maiden was a late addition to the game list but with the three question marks after it it may not be confirmed.