Dead Flip turns 2 today. Thank you so much for all your support.

Today marks the anniversary of a journey I embarked on, 2 years ago. Inspired by PAPA I cobbled together some crappy webcams and ran them through defunct mac software.

Streaming on a mac at the time was not a thing and turned out to be quite a hurdle. The first game we streamed was a donated Tron from our good friend Gavin Miller.

Month to month we upgraded and tweaked the stream to get it to where it is today, and we’re still working on it.

Our first big break was at the Chicago Pinball Expo where The Walking Dead was being revealed. Jody saw me sitting in the lobby with all my duck taped and cobbled together gear and asked if I wanted to stream the launch party.

Since then, I’ve been invited out to show off new machines before release from many manufacturers, asked to host tournaments and parties, and now asked to run a whole pinball area at a major convention for twitch.

Pinball was not a recognized category on Twitch until I worked with them on adding it to the database and designing a look for it. Now there are close to a hundred pinball streamers on Twitch (people that have streamed it at least once) and I couldn’t be more excited!

This has all been an amazing trip and I can’t thank you folks enough for all your love and support. Here’s to many more years to come!
Love,

Jack Danger
Twitch.tv/Dead_Flip
Deadflip.com/tutorials

Huge thanks to all my supporters and @Twitch for changing my life. :heart:

25 Likes

Congrats Jack!

You’ve really done exceptional work in promoting the hobby. Keep on keepin on.

1 Like

Happy second anniversary, Jack. Flippers and butts up for you this time! Thanks for promoting our beloved sport.

1 Like

Congratulations on such a journey and all of the work that you do!! I know behind the scenes it’s even way more work than most could imagine. There is much appreciation for your level of quality equipment and content that goes beyond what anyone is doing in the industry. You are super talented and thanks for your contribution to this amazing hobby. You just made it even better!!

1 Like

Yeah, big time congrats for everything you’ve accomplished. You’ve inspired a ton of others to hop in and help grow the scene. I remember when Don started mentioning you on our show and I thought that pinball streaming daily sounded like a crazy idea. This is why I’m never viewed as the smart one.

1 Like

Much love, everyone!
I’m glad so many new streams have started up since I began.
Jeff, you gotta swing by Chicago sometime, dude!
Onward and upward!
Jack

1 Like

Hoping to make it happen soon. I was supposed to be out there today through Monday, but plans changed.