Iron Maiden Pinball Rulesheet

Yep you right :slight_smile:

Just did a little glass-off testing. If you turn ball saves off, skill shots still award additional ball save seconds as long as feature adjustment #3 skillshot ball save is on, which is default. @pinwizj will of course turn that off in any tourney he runs. :smiling_imp:

Canā€™t wait to see someone plunge 25 million for a walkoff win/drain.

3 Likes

Also tested this with the glass off, and yeah, it definitely adds time because I was able to rack up billion+ inner loop jackpots to my heartā€™s content.

2 Likes

Yeah, what an awesome way to plunge an extra ball.

Hahaha. Incorrect. Earned ball-saves from skill shots (as well as multiballs) were most definitely turned on during IFPA15.

Either way, he canā€™t turn off the 15s Aces/Rime ball save. :wink:

So even though the skill shot awards a free ball save before triggering playfield valid/the real ball save/something, ball save rewards being turned off would cause this 25M to drain?

There are 2 ball save settings. If you turn off the skill shot ball save (which I do at my tournaments) then you are not giving any ball save time when you successfully hit one of the super skill shots that awards points and extra ball save time. So yes, Iā€™m my scenario, a plunge to the left outline awards 25M and end of ball.

Just curious, why are you turning that off at your tournaments?

1 Like

I donā€™t like ball saves. Plus the EMā€™s and older SSā€™s donā€™t have ball saves. Thatā€™s how pinball should be played. No mulligans.

Ball Save Nazi!

(not in the WWII way, the Seinfeld way for clarification)

3 Likes

You disable gates and kickbacks on your EMs? :wink:

10 Likes

Wow. Thatā€™s brutal. So all MBs have no ball save too?

Earned ball saves have become an important strategic element in some contemporary games. Disabling them is like removing a flipper.

Hell, half the game in TNA is deciding when to use them to best advantage.

As for ball plunge ball-savers, EMs give you 5 balls in lieu of a ballsave knowing 2 of them are likely to be house balls. I donā€™t get the argument behind disabling them completely unless you WANT to introduce a higher element of luck into your results. This whole ā€œYou drained 1/2 second sooner than I did so why should you get your ball back and not meā€ argument doesnā€™t hold water. Clearly draining quickly off the plunge is a skill unto itself! :grin:

3 Likes

For MBā€™s, I turn it down to 5 seconds.

As for the EM argument, you can get house balled on SSā€™s too in the same fashion. I was playing the original Eight Ball the other day. 2 of the balls were no flips and the other ball was a single flip. Thatā€™s pinball.

Itā€™s amazing Addams Famoly sold as many units as it did. Not only is there no ball saver but thereā€™s no multiball ball saver either. Can we get a code update to please save Addams from the dumpster? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It is pinball, though the situation you describe is not fun for anyone. Customers, especially newbies/casual players, wonā€™t be inserting many $1 bills if thatā€™s their experience.

TAFā€™s multiball does have the zero-jackpot restart rule (as did several other games of that era) ā€¦ while not exactly a ball save, itā€™s a form of consolation if you house the multiball. One might even argue that itā€™s potentially more powerful than a modern-style ball save, since itā€™s possible to flail the multiball for several minutes and still get the restart option.

3 Likes

The consolation multiball also doesnā€™t have a ball saver . . . Iā€™ll be putting my Addams up for sale shortly, Iā€™m not sure I can take this madness any longer.

1 Like

I did this yesterday and it is very satisfying to do. Thanks Keith!
Edit: The full plunge to Orb super secret skill shot is what I was referring to.

Is there enough time to live catch and shoot, or do you just have to one time itā€¦?

I was one timing it. There was one attempt where I missed but didnā€™t hit another switch, got the ball under control and hit the Orb but it had already timed out. So I suppose the answer is that there is a timer but a very short one.

1 Like