Pinball Map Open Thread

Added Raleigh-Durham. No content yet.

@travam or @kayluh Do you know anything about a place called The Goat, on Greenwood Ave? Someone just submitted it, to be added (they didnā€™t include the full address).

Line-up: Star Wars
Hook
Rescue 911
Fish tales
Power play
Cue ball wizard
Taxi

But I canā€™t find any info about this place. There used to be a restaurant called The Stumbling Goat on Greenwood Ave, but it closed a couple months ago. Not sure if theyā€™re re-opening as a bar, or what.

Who would make up that lineup???

3 Likes

Ha. My concern isnā€™t that itā€™s a fake line-up; itā€™s that the place isnā€™t open yet. Folks yell at me when I add locations that arenā€™t yet open.

1 Like

Huh havenā€™t heard anything about that. We do have some new operators popping up around town though.

Sounds like a JP and Dominique lineup, they own every boat anchor listed.

2 Likes

Taxi is not a boat anchor!

Although Mostly Goats may have been a better name for the place.

1 Like

We changed the Burlington map to be the Vermont map. http://pinballmap.com/vermont

Dev status update: weā€™re gunning for a mid-December big update to the site/app. This update will: add a user system; add a number of new features to the Android app (basically catching it up with the website/iOS app); re-theme the Android app and the website (not quite a website redesign, but still a significant retheme). Stay tuned!

10 Likes

I asked the rest of the Skill Shot guys and no one has heard anything about this place. I donā€™t think itā€™s real, though Kevin is right that it does sounds like a Dom/JP line-up. Darn, I was really looking forward to a Rescue 911 on location again. :expressionless:

Well, thanks for thinking about it, @kayluh, @KCB, and @travam! Perhaps itā€™s a place thatā€™s still in the works. Weā€™ll see.

With the next site update, weā€™ll always have a point of contact for anyone submitting locations. So we can then be like, ā€œr u 4 real?ā€ But for now, the email address field is optional.

1 Like

Looks like it is a real place after all. Got this link posted on the Skill Shot FB today:

1 Like

Well then! Thanks for confirming what I knew in my heart to be a true thing.

They didnā€™t specify which Star Wars they have, so I just guessed that itā€™s the Data East.

1 Like

Looks like the Sega in the pic.

2 Likes

Guh, oh yeah, totally. I was looking at that photo to try to figure it out, but then my brain turned off.

1 Like

I was having a hard time figuring that out because the picture is pretty bad. Too much white light. But then I saw the trademark curved backbox. Dead give away.

1 Like

Question about this: on my iOS app, the new Vermont region doesnā€™t show up, and the old Burlington region has 0 machines and 0 locations. Is there a way I can update this on my app, or is there a fix coming with the December update? Thanks!

1 Like

This is something we thought weā€™d fixed in the last update. And we did fix it for when regions are split into new ones, but now I see that thereā€™s still a problem when we merely change the name. So yes, this is now something that will be addressed in the next update! For now, Iā€™ve reverted the region name back to Burlington (and that fixes the issue. another way to fix the issue would have been to uninstall and reinstall the app, but thatā€™s obviously not a good solution).

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Sorry about the problem.

1 Like

We added a Columbia, MO, pinball map! http://pinballmap.com/columbia-mo

Currently tracking 9 locations, 27 machines.

2 Likes

Thanks again, added all of our locations!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.