pinballvideos.com

Is this on youtube somewhere?

1 Like

We can leave that footage out . . . I know how it ends :wink:

3 Likes

@stevevt: Thanks, Iā€™ll look into it. If I remember correctly, I didnā€™t use a few pinball101 tournament videos because there was no commentary.

@genex: If your question was directed at me: If it were up to me, I would have added Expo 2015 in October, but itā€™s not ā€“ I donā€™t have any control over when those videos become available on YouTube. Over at PAPA tutorial edit schedule Mark said that uploading streams to YouTube isnā€™t high priority, but he didnā€™t give an ETA for Expo.

I wanna see the footage of your match against mish paull the night before. That was some long playing time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. It makes sense to draw the line somewhere, but Iā€™d personally rather see high-level competition with no commentary than a gameplay video with no commentary.

OK, so you want competition videos with commentary that you donā€™t already have?

Take a look here:

Iā€™ve spot checked a handful, and none of them is on your site. Not sure if thatā€™s going to true for all of them.

1 Like

Thanks for posting that Steve. There is lots of good footage there that should be aggregated on pinballvideos. Namely the Pinburgh 2012 B Finals - WCS and Fast Draw.

1 Like

Putting them on pinballvideos is fine, but it would be better if you linked to those videos via PAPAā€™s youtube account, rather than CGRā€™s. The proper links for all four can be found on papa.org.

The pinburgh 2012 div b finals, that is.

3 Likes

2015 Chicago Pinball Expo is on youtube :slightly_smiling:

Finals: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piwo9c0jpS8

Early Rounds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vh23SVO5dM

4 Likes

Thanks, I havenā€™t had much time recently, but I hope Iā€™ll get to it soon.

1 Like

Sent email with timestamps for expo 2015 final rounds.

There is so much tournament footage that itā€™s going to be almost impossible to keep up!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for doing this again ā€“ I added the videos.

You know how it is with those hobby projects, sometimes they just donā€™t get the time they deserve. Youā€™re absolutely right that itā€™s become harder than it was when I was just archiving the PAPA back catalogue, but I absolutely intend to continue adding all tournament footage.

More of an issue is the abundance of footage from regular twitch streamers. Most of that doesnā€™t fit well, but I might easily be missing out on some nice tutorials.

Another thing, papa.org had a major redesign of their website, now featuring a video archive on their home page. I havenā€™t read about that anywhere and found out about it by accident ā€“ gonna post another thread, in case other people missed that too. (Edit: papa.org video index)

1 Like

While I was at it, I added INDISC 2016. Check out this kid: http://pinballvideos.com/?v=1079&s=17377. Thatā€™s the next generation of pinball pros.

2 Likes

Sent an email with the papa circuit final times/players/games

1 Like

Thanks, the circuit finals are up: http://pinballvideos.com/?e=PAPA%20Circuit%20Final%202015-16

3 Likes

Did you see that Karl put up 2016 Nationals/Womens and Pin-Masters?

(Woohoo!)

2 Likes

PAPA posted papa 19 finals to youtubeā€¦already emailed you with games/names/times.

They still havenā€™t transferred LAX 2016 to youtube yet, hope it hasnā€™t gone unnoticed.

2 Likes

Just emailed you the timestamps for the 2015 IFPA Nationals and Womenā€™s tournament. @umbilico hope youā€™re alright :slight_smile:

1 Like

I owe you guys an apology. I didnā€™t have much pinball on my mind the last few months, and the video archive suffered for it. Lots of work stuff, lots of non-work stuff, you know how it is.

Now, Iā€™m aware itā€™s all just a volunteer effort, and no one owes anyone anything, yada yada, but that doesnā€™t mean youā€™re not taking on a certain responsibility if youā€™re doing something or other that some people like. So, Iā€™m sorry I was gone for a few months without any notice, and thanks @PinballNarcissist for continuing to send me timestamped tournament data.

The tools Iā€™m using to update the site are very crude, since I never intended for anyone but me to use them, but itā€™s probably not a bad idea to open them up a bit, so the archive is not entirely dependent on my whims.

Bit behind, but Iā€™ve added PAPA 19 now at least.

9 Likes

Thanks for your work, and yes, share the load!

3 Likes

Does PAPA do anything with the raw game footage? (Not what is being broadcasted as I assume the cameras are also recording during the finals)