Pirates of the Caribbean JJP Rulesheet (WIP)

Upper loop combos are probably the safest way to play; you can use the loop combo with a finisher into the GOLD targets to progress towards Tortuga quickly (hold up the flipper and let it bounce to GOLD on most machines, which may then feed the upper flipper again).

If you can drill it, the left spinner is also usually safe - Dead Men Tell No Tales MB is also a sweet Multiball with simple big score rules.

Be aware: if you complete another set of inlanes before collecting, you do lose your previous award. The Gold award is an action button press fest as well.

I haven’t been able to duplicate this. Always had it do match.

Added the 666,666 bonus for stacking all 6 multiballs that I saw Joe Katz do on a stream

You may want to double check that, as there is no 666,666 point award.

OK, I saw a giant 666,666 on the screen, thought it was points

Added some more Character benefits (and nerfs) detail based on @Nick_BuffaloPinball and @KevInBuffalo 's great walkthrough from this week.

Thanks @Snailman! Here’s the vid for reference:

As already discussed before here and elsewhere… there’s a LOT to the rules and complexity of this game due to the character interactions factors. Nick doesn’t plunge the first ball until THIRTY-FIVE minutes into the tutorial. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Updated with new character traits.

So who’s the go to character select people choose now?

Still not sure what the optimal strategy for Liars Dice is though - any tips?

• Weatherby Swann: Makes the player immune to being plundered by other players, but similarly you will not be able to plunder from other players either. All MBs score 25% more, Once per ball ‘pardon’ the last ball to drain that would end MB, Gold scores 100 in bonus rather than 25, Cannot play Tortuga MB or Arrr! Frenzy.

Are these changes already in 0.99?

No, he’s the same as always in 0.99. Those are the changes we published for the upcoming 1.0.

1 Like

A crazy 21 Million shot from @kdeangelo! With 33M for the DMTNT wizard mode in 4 shots :slight_smile:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/439486045?t=00h40m07s

4 Likes

WTF? I didn’t think scores like that were even possible? Wow, Karl, Wow! Over 36 million final score.

Can someone with better knowledge of the game break this down please? It went by quickly, but I think I saw a 24x shot to something wizard-mode-ish.

I’ve generally avoided playing chapters because the only copy of the game I have access to has weak flippers, making a lot of the shots too hard. I might need to re-evaluate that strategy :slight_smile:

The value of a wizard mode is based on the number of super JPs collected and the number of characters collected (mode shots) for that particular movie. Specifically:

Score Value = (# SJPs + 1) * (# characters collected + 1)

This score value is used to determine the value of the wizard mode shots. So it really benefits to have a good amount of both SJPs and mode shots. You can see your current score value for each wizard mode in the status report.

Karl had 23 SJPs (!!!) and 14 characters collected. 24 * 15 = 360 score value. I think:
(2,500 base value for wizard mode 5) * (360 score value) * (4x Super X) * (6x Shot X) = 21,600,000!
Not sure how exactly this varies with each wizard mode.

This shows the power of Barbossa, who lets you get SJPs just by hitting neighboring standups instead of the actual shot. This will supposedly be nerfed in the v1.0, where these helper SJPs from the standups will no longer count towards your wizard mode score value.

5 Likes

Thank you for explaining that. That would explain all the 3.6 million shots afterwards, assuming the 4x playfield still running but the shot x already used.( 3.6 x 6 = 21.6).

so 4x came from the playfield X (pirate award) and the 6x from X shot. but how did he light that X shot?

He collected the Super X first, then qualified the Shot X during that period. Both of them stack up with each other, meaning that shot to the Star Map was 24x.

Exactly!

I’ve been thinking how to top this and how to do it post v1.0, when Barbossa is no longer a valid strategy. Playing as Davy Jones and risking souls on Liars Dice after finishing all the chapters should offset the potential lower number of super jackpots. It’s been a while since I’ve played multiple games of Liars Dice in a single session so I can’t remember if you can risk souls each time or not. If you can, well…

When you risk souls in Liars Dice, which wizard mode does it apply to?