Star Wars (Stern) Rulesheet

No, it is the 2 shot mode, I just don’t remember the number (it is II, apparently we have a wiki for this :slight_smile:). The planet multiball is Escape from Tatooine.

Gotcha. Yeah. The ramp then Death Star mode. Okay. Just making sure you weren’t on old code. It might have helped.

Playing as R2D2 tilted during Escape Cloud city and ended up in a similar state. No mode shots lit LCD said “shoot Hoth shot.” Shooting the Hoth shot only lit combo arrows.

Interesting. Maybe it’s an R2D2 specific bug.

There’s a setting that allows ALL stacking so you can select a planet multiball and mission together. Takes away from the theme integration, but is kind of fun to play with especially with a brutally setup SW.

A local Star Wars Premium on location has an issue with multi-player games: players 2-4 are not allowed to select a character — the game Auto-selects Luke (the default first option). It does not do this for P1. It then auto-selects all players’ skill shot award choices for remainder of game.
It does not do this character nor skill shot award auto-selection on one-player games.

Anyone else encounter this? And have a fix that worked for you?

Secret causal mode like on GoT? :smiley:

I’ve been in contact with support about this issue, no one seems to believe me when I say it ONLY happens on a multiplayer game (hell, I have a hard time believing it only happens then as well…)
I need to get them another video of the behavior ASAP so they can further look into it.

The SW Prem at FGW here in SF doesn’t do that - not sure what version of software

Pretty sure its not a software issue, mine shipped with 1.05 in it and worked for 6-8 month or so, then this happened.
I replaced the SD card and reinstalled a fresh download of the 1.05 code and still it happens.

Could it be an issue with the plunger lane switch + shooter rod? GOT had similar issues with your house choice auto-selecting if the plunger lane switch misfired in a particular way.

Not sure why it’d happen only for players 2+, though – that sounds like a software issue.

For those who want ridiculously in-depth scoring analysis of SW: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/144#post-4992978

Wow.

6 Likes

Corrected Death Star Multiball mode name from “Escape” to “Destroy” Death Star.

I just remember one code revision where Hoth MB had you “destory” AT-AT’s.

2 Likes

Isn’t that what shooting the inner loop does? Wrapping the tow lines?

“Destory”, not “destroy”.

ya, they used to be 4 stories high, but then you destory them by wrapping the tow line, they fall over and they’re only 1 story high now.

alternatively, you have removed them from the story by immobilizing them.

6 Likes

League player got 80x video mode tonight. How is that possible?

1 Like

Second video mode is worth double I believe. Or it’s light video mode and play Hoth I. Can’t remember. I think it’s the latter actually.

1 Like

Guilty :slight_smile: All I know is that I played the Hoth video mode, then I noticed I had Video Mode lit again. I played Escape from Hoth and focused purely on getting my 40X. Once I got it I moved the multiplier to the Hoth shot, drained down to 1 ball and shot the video mode. Scoreboard showed the 40X with the words double beside it too. Played a fairly poor Video mode and came out with 680 million points! Was crazy.

Next time I play I’ll have to pay more attention to the doubler when I play a second video mode. That’s good to know as 680 million is way more than I would normally get from playing Escape from Hoth on the two version of Star Wars I have access to.

2 Likes