Walking Dead wiki rulesheet

Normal posts on the left ramp. :expressionless:

I played a couple CDCs that were close to blowing things up, even though both ended up fizzling out a bit. Both included getting 2X scoring going, also. Iā€™m confident that big CDC scores are just around the corner.

Thanks, everybody!

This is something that is very true and sometimes hard to understand. It finally sunk in with me when I heard Trent explain it on a podcast. He was specifically talking about the Quorra shot on Tron but it applies to so many other shots. That slightly wider angle really does open up the shot!

3 Likes

This is the pin where I first realized the concept, because I found I was much more successful ā€œfeedingā€ an on-the-fly Quorra shot attempt with a prior L ramp shot vs a Quorra shot from a cradle. When I thought about the physics of it, it was a lightbulb moment. It is especially applicable on the Quorra shot because there are so many Trons with the ā€œUā€ Zuse target hanging to the right, partially blocking the Quorra shot.

3 Likes

Had an interesting thing happen and Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s something wrong with my machine or if I found a bugā€¦

I got hoard lit, but never started it, instead kept going and lit Last Man Standing as well.
I started Last Man standing, and it was normal except any time I got down to one ball, completing enough walkers would add THREE balls (bringing back to four), even though I was playing at one ball for a while.

Could this be because I ā€œstartedā€ hoard as well? Or is this normal behavior? Or is my game broken somehow?

Sounds normal to me, thatā€™s how LMS works on my machine using current code.

Cool, maybe that was an addition in the latest release (I donā€™t think I had gotten to LMS since updating)

Page 27 of the Walking Dead pro manual mentions ā€œInstall Directorā€™s Cutā€ as one of the options available from Utilitiesā€“> Installs
Anyone know what Directorā€™s Cut does?
@sir_tankalot

Likely nothing on TWD. Itā€™s been a default part of the manuals and install menu forever. WPT or LOTR are likely the last game to actually get changes for the mode. Keith talks about changes for LOTR 16 years ago in the thread linked below.

http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=VAAAb.5595%24ng6.2528%40twister.socal.rr.com

2 Likes

Figured Iā€™d move the CDC conversation here, rather than in the IFPA 16 thread. Hereā€™s the video I made about CDC and Barn values.

Hereā€™s a link to the spreadsheet if you would like to see all the values listed.

17 Likes

BUT HOW DO YOU LIGHT 2X SCORING?!?!? Asking for a friend . . . that friend is @Funtorium :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome video, thank you!

1 Like

Awesome Escher, thanks for that. Very clearly explained, awesome strat

1 Like

Thanks for the CDC tutorial. Iā€™ve owned the game for 2.5 years but havenā€™t fully understood the rules to that mode and how Barn could be brought in to amplify scoring until now. If only I could execute as well as you did in that videoā€¦ you really make it look easy!

1 Like

Wow, that is an awesome video. I have a pro and now have all weekend to break high scores with this strat. Woohoo

Just got a Walking Dead Pro, absolutely love it.

Does doing well in other modes help other mode values or is that just specific to the CDC strategy?

Doing well in modes will affect multikill values, and after playing a mode if you shoot the mode shot during another mode it will add value to the mode (just like CDC).

In every mode you play, the UNLIT shots (no red arrow) that are modes you have played will score 500k ā€œpast mode bonusā€ and increase the values for whatever phase you are in the mode. So if youā€™ve previously played barn the barn shot will boost mode values when it is not a currently lit arrow (riot is great with this)

So if Im past barn, playing tunnel. I pump the tunnel shots to 10 million per and after collecting the lit barn for 10 million, if I keep hitting the barn it will up the other lit tunnel shots by 500k for each hit to barn?

I believe so yes

1 Like

Donā€™t you only get the previous mode bonus before you start hitting the current mode shots? In other wordsā€¦ if youā€™re playing Tunnel, all previous bonus increasing ends once you hit a Tunnel shot.