#YellowCard

Any sort of forfeiture of a match would be unprecedented as a penalty in the IFPAPA rules.

We follow a strict Yellow/Red card policy for IFPA for player conduct like this. The only penalty for player conduct that I have is GET THE F*CK OUT OF MY TOURNAMENT.

Yellow card serves as a warning . . . Red card serves as your notice that all pinball playing for you is done at this event.

I think the guy playing on the right should’ve gotten a red card for poor dancing technique. Dude has no rhythm whatsoever. That was painful to watch.

I’d rather have someone kick a chair then drop a loud F bomb with kids around. Frustration is a part of competition. Some of us hold it in better than others, but I hardly think kicking a chair is worthy of a penalty. If I was a noob, that wouldn’t make me head for the door.

I woke up to this gif in a PM and must have watched it for at least 5 minutes straight. It’s mesmerizing.

The quality of that Trent kick is definitely 9.5+.

Beats out Bowen’s kick from PAPA19:

I gave myself a yellow card at IFPA12 in Sweden for attempting to kick one of Metallica’s legs (after draining with CIU lit following a decent ball 3 attempted comeback). I need some lessons because I mostly missed the leg and then sort of bashed my shin into the side of the cabinet . . . which hurt more than I was planning on it hurting.

@pinwizj without giving names. What is the yellow and red stats for IFPA since you instated this ruling?

here’s the longer version with the bonus addition and even more dancing:

and… at least he was a good sport and shook his hand before he was a bad sport and kicked the chair.

I really had to laugh at this extended version. Sums up pinball pretty nicely.

I would say at least a dozen yellow cards over the years . . . ZERO red cards. I’ve been really happy with the ‘warning’ system. Those that have been warned (myself included) have ended up paying more attention to their own behavior for the rest of the event.

Greg’s extra dancing on the Director’s Cut really sets the scene nicely.

Yes! I would suggest to anyone considering this, that they should be using an El Toro as the “designated anger reliever item.”

@kayluh, you deleted your post, was this just because YouTube links can be a little wonky in this forum? I think that “quality failure scream” you were thinking about was this one: http://pinballvideos.com/?v=319&s=3214#mark-not-getting-to-valinor

Or in the case of Sharpes, High Hand?

Yup! That’s exactly it. And yeah, I deleted it because Youtube wasn’t embedding itself in the thread and there was nothing linked in my comment. Thanks for sorting it out! Failure scream is a great way to save chairs, especially if you’re at Pinburgh and you can’t move them!

I actually kicked over a chair once I found out the tiebreaker game was on High Hand, prior to actually playing the game :slight_smile:

Anyone notice how well the dancing man and Trent’s leg kicks are coordinated?

Aww, you guys, Trent was just dancing!

@G_Money please chime in

Our kicks are coordinated @kayluh!

On a slightly serious note I will say, this is why I wear headphones. What I miss from the game, I more than make up for it by being able to stay focused on the game (or the music). :smiley:

I like the shorter version better, because the long one has my pre-multiball dance :open_mouth:

As u can see from the video, I was almost kicked but I was too focused on losing to Zen that I didn’t really pay attention. Greg turns around maybe like 60 seconds later, smiles and says “something happened behind me, didn’t it”

I didn’t see the kick the first two times I watched the gif because I was too enthralled with the dancing. I was thinking, “Yellow card? His dancing isn’t that bad.” :joy: